Recently there have been so many diets that it is sometimes difficult to figure out which one to choose and how to lose weight without damaging your health. How to understand this for a person who is not a nutritionist and who has never used methods to get rid of excess weight? Can you survive on a diet? What to eat and what to give up?
Being overweight isn't just a cosmetic issue. Not a single doctor will advise you to lose weight purely for the purpose of external beauty, but strongly recommend that you return the weight to normal to prevent the majority of existing diseases, in which extra pounds are a serious risk factor. .
How to lose weight?
The main rule of effective weight loss is to shed extra pounds. Diets lasting 1 to 3 days, especially mono diets, dehydrate the body and reduce muscle elasticity. You can lose weight without harming your health if you don't lose more than 3 pounds per month. For the body, such a loss will not become significant, it will have time to get used to it, which means that the protective mechanism of energy conservation will not work. In addition, psychologically, such a fast is easily tolerated, since weight loss continues to receive all the necessary vitamins and minerals. Gradual weight loss is the key to lasting results; going back to your regular diet will not undo your efforts.
Losing weight without harm or health problems is impossible without exercise. You will lose weight faster if you exercise regularly. When choosing a series of exercises, stop at the one in which the problem areas will receive the greatest load: hips, waist, arms, etc. If strength training is not for you, start exercising in the morning, buy a rope, a hula hoop, and exercise at home. Do water aerobics and don't forget the simple evening walks. In order to lose weight quickly, we must use all means to achieve the goal together, this is the secret to systematic, effective and healthy weight loss.
Man was born for constant movement. To maintain a healthy weight, you need to exercise daily. It can be working in the garden, walking, running, exercising in the gym, playing soccer.
If you have the willpower to train for running, it will help you lose up to 15% of your weight in two months.
But there is a trick - the race must be long - 30 minutes and more. In this case, an accelerated process of fat splitting will begin.
- Remember that a lot depends on water: it participates in the breakdown of fats and helps to eliminate toxins from the body. Therefore, you need to drink it in sufficient quantity: at least 1. 5-2 liters per day. No later than 30 minutes before meals and no earlier than one hour after.
- Eat foods that naturally burn fat: cabbage, celery, ginger root, lemon, pineapple, grapefruit. Therefore, each meal should be supplemented with a salad of healthy vegetables, and it is better to replace a hearty dinner with a salad of grapefruit and pineapple fruit, seasoned with low-fat yogurt.
- Drink water with lemon and honey as a snack between meals.
- You will have to forget about late dinners. However, for episodes of severe hunger, protein is recommended: soft-boiled eggs, meat, fish, low-fat cottage cheese or cheese.
- Keep a cooking journal. Think ahead and write the daily menu on it, at the same time calculate the calorie content of each product.
- Keep track of the calories in your diet. If you go overboard, you can get rid of the excess calories by exercising.
- Eat often (5-6 times) and little by little. No more than 500 kcal per meal. Anything absorbed above this rate will be deposited in fat.
- Eat dinner at least four hours before bed.
- Do not consume semi-finished products and meals that contain a mixture of proteins, carbohydrates and trans fats (shawarma, burgers, pizza, pastries, dumplings).
- Have a fasting day once every two weeks. Unloading doesn't mean being hungry. Consume vegetables, fruits, cottage cheese and water (water of at least two liters) on this day. All fruits and vegetables that can be eaten raw - Eat mostly raw. The rest is steamed, cooked or boiled.
- Gradually reduce the amount of food in one serving. At a time, the human stomach normally receives 250 ml. The larger the portion, the more it stretches the walls of the stomach and further increases appetite. One of your servings is a drink.
- Gradually eliminate unhealthy foods from your diet. Giving up your favorite candy or cakes too quickly can trigger a depression attack and put you off the right path (not losing weight).
- Eat 750g of vegetables and fruit per day.
- Avoid snacking while watching movies or chatting on social media. And if you're still tempted to grab a snack, be it vegetables and fruit, not chips or cookies.
- Avoid hot spices and also reduce salt. It is advisable to exclude sugar or replace it with brown sugar (you can use fructose).
Some more important points
- You cannot give up food completely and starve yourself.
- Never lose weight on mono diets (that is, on one product).
- Do not strive for unattainable results, take your physiology into consideration (a woman 175cm tall and weighing 45kg will look unhealthy and have very serious health problems, includingdeath).
- Normal (acceptable) weight loss - no more than 4 kg per month and 1 kg per week.
Myths about weight loss
The most common myth is that smoking will help you shed extra pounds. Indeed, a cigarette can often discourage the appetite. But it would be foolish to assume that nicotine can replace the nutrients and minerals needed for the normal functioning of a healthy body. The damage caused by smoking is multiplied by starvation. The lack of necessary elements in the body instantly affects the state of health, weakness, exhaustion, increased fatigue, listless perception of the surrounding world and depression are noted. In principle, almost all mono-diets cause the same symptoms.
Another common misconception is that in order to lose weight you need to eat less. Fasting indeed often has a beneficial effect on the body as a whole. However, it must be applied correctly. The body should be prepared in a special way for therapeutic fasting, and then properly return to the usual diet. Of course, in this area one cannot do without the recommendations of a specialist - otherwise, fasting instead of a therapeutic effect can lead to irreparable damage. The worst mistake many make when deciding to try this method is the desire to eat for the future. Of course, fasting for a long time does not work, the procedure brings psychological discomfort and ends, as a rule, with another overeating.
Needless to say, attempts to induce vomiting after eating lead to chronic disease? It would seem that the method is ideal - you can eat whatever you want and then "cheat" your own body. Looks like an easy way has been found! But after the second "cleansing" the body develops an inability to accept food, that is, rejection of food becomes a habit that cannot be controlled. As a result - serious diseases of the digestive tract and anorexia.